The effervescent Emilia Clarke has been named as the first Global Brand Ambassador for Clinique, the storied brand has officially confirmed. If you think the people behind Clinique are excited by the news, then it doesn’t even begin to describe how Clarke herself feels about the partnership.
“Clinique is such a universal brand, which is what I really, really love about it”, the 33-year old actress told Vogue Australia on the phone from London, ahead of the big announcement.
“Everything about the brand is so accessible, and it’s so relatable, and it just feels very real. I like that there’s no bells and whistles and all this added stuff. It’s just really simple, good skincare, and really simple, beautiful make-up, that’s for people”.
The London-born talent has summed up what people across the globe have come to love about Clinique since its products arrived on-counter in the ‘60s. The brand has stayed to its original vision as the first-ever dermatologist brand that’s allergy tested, 100 per cent fragrance free and even today is formulated without parabens, and phthalates.
“They’re taking the hard work out of the equation for you”, Clarke continues. “You get to kind of go and get something that makes look like you, and feel more like you. It’s just brilliant and it has been the most beautiful relationship”.
Clarke’s new job means she gets to try all of the brand’s products which is how she landed on her favorite, the Clinique iD Dramatically Different Moisturizing BB-Gel, the brand’s newest release.
“I love that this is what we’re doing first, because it’s what I was most obsessed with”, she revealed. “I’m always late, I’m always rushing. I’m always like, ‘Just five more minutes on the snooze’…the BB gel, it’s got pigment in it, so you just wipe with it on like a moisturizer, and your skin looks amazing! This is something that I, genuinely told all of my friends to use. In the summer, it just fives you that little bit of a healthier glow. Whack that on your face, moisturize it in, and off you go. It’s amazing!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)