ROYALS | Meghan Markle And Prince Harry’s Charity Application Denied For Being ‘Too Broad’ And Unsigned, Docs Reveal


RIYAHD | SAUDI ARABIA – Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s new charity organization has suffered a setback before it even kicked off the ground, Fox New can confirm.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex filed paperwork earlier this year for their upcoming charitable foundation named Archewell – one of their first actions since departing as senior members of the royal family – but U.S. patenting and trademarking documents viewed by Fox News show their application has not been approved due to errors.

According to a letter dated June 2, first reported by The Sun, a trademark attorney who reviewed the application found a number of issues that need to be fixed within six months or it will be ‘abandoned’.

According to the papers, Meghan and Harry’s explanation of Archewell’s goods and services needs to be changed in nine different areas because the application as it currently stands features working that is ‘indefinite and too broad’.

Additionally, Meghan and Harry failed to sign the trademark application, meaning it’s ‘not being properly verified’, documents state.

It’s now up to the royal couple’s attorney to make the changes so Archewell is still able to kick off the ground.

Back in April, Meghan and Harry explained the meaning behind the foundation’s name in a statement to Fox News.

‘We connected to this concept for the charitable organization we hope to build one day, and it became the inspiration for our son’s name. to do something of meaning, to do something that matters. Archewell is a name that combine an ancient word for strength and action, and another that evokes the deep resources we each must draw upon’ , the statement reads.

Through the nonprofit organization, the couple aims to provide both education and emotional support, among other services.

At the time, Meghan and Harry hinted that they are in no rush to roll out its launche due to the coronavirus pandemic.

‘Like you, our focus is on supporting efforts to tackle the global COVID-19 pandemic, but faced with this information coming to light, we felt compelled to share the story of how this came to be’, their statement continued.

On March 31, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex officially closed their office in Buckingham Palace and stepped back as senior members of the royal family.

One day prior, the duo announced the suspension of their Sussex Royal Instagram account.

They have since relocated from Vancouver Island, Canada, to Los Angeles, California. The couple and their sone Archie, who celebrated his first birthday last month, are reportedly staying in Tyler Perry’s mega-mansion with heightened security.


Cate Blanchett Sees Pandemic As Chance For Refelction On Plight Of Refugees

This year’s World Refugee Day offers a chance to reflect on the uncertainty faced by those forced to flee their homes, actor Cate Blanchett, a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. refugee agency, says as the world grapples with the unpredictability of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Oscar winner and UNHCR goodwill said  the annual June 20 … Continue reading Cate Blanchett Sees Pandemic As Chance For Refelction On Plight Of Refugees

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s